Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello again!

Have had a quiet day today. Its been a nice break from the go-go-go of the last week or two.

The excitement of my day was when my door buzzed and someone asked for the apartment manager. I hate it when that happens - because I'm #102, they figure I'm in charge here! Not likely! They were just dropping off phone books, so I met them at the door and let them leave the books on the table in the lobby. Wasn't sure what else to do with them!

Jenny called at lunchtime! We had a great visit and I got to hear the kids playing in the background. Sure do miss them and their chaos! Jenny dreaded her hair! They're just 'baby' dreads but I think they're going to look fantastic on her. They look pretty good already! She told me that they have a resident rodent (a mouse) so we named her Henreeka. They figure its a girl because she's always eating Jenny's chocolate! haha.

I've been getting reading my friends updates about their family and loved-ones in Haiti. Sebastien, Michelle's good friend, is safe with his mom and aunt, Elie's family is alive though their house was destroyed along with the rest of the buildings in Port-au-Prince. Frank and Chad are safe and sound and have been going from place to place making sure that everyone they're affiliated with are safe. It sounds like all the kids are ok but that they're running out of food and clean water. The buildings are in a sad state, though. Someone mentioned that just about everyone is sleeping outside because the buildings aren't safe to be inside.

I talked to Jen about my idea to crochet blankets for Haiti and she thinks its a good idea if its a loose-weave blanket, like a granny square. Neither of us know how to get the blankets down to Haiti but I really feel called to do this, so I'm making them in faith that they'll get down there somehow at some point. Its going to take a while to make anyway with my hands being so sore anyway.

Melissa is coming over tonight so I tried a new recipe for granola bars and they seem to have turned out ok. I baked them and they're currently chilling in the fridge like the recipe says I'm s'posed to!

I should go wash a few dishes and think about what to make for supper. I think I'll make up the last summer squash that's left in my crisper. Yum.

Talk to you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment