Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hello folks.

Its been a busy few weeks here.

Spring cleaning has been my most pressing concern. I attacked my bedroom today with vigour and brought it back to order. Its really a dumping ground for the rest of my apartment and easily gets overwhelmed with stuff (mostly yarn, fabric and laundry!). I'm pleased to report that I won't be tripping over anything in the middle of the night and I have another box of stuff for the Salvation Army thrift store. Always makes me feel good to get rid of stuff.

You guys know I love all things green. I found this blog a few days ago and keep meaning to post a link to it: http://givegreenatry.wordpress.com/

I frequent the Mothering.com message boards (even though I'm not married and have no children) and found this gal there in the "buy nothing challenge" boards. Its quite the challenge - to buy nothing but absolute necessities for an entire month. I'm already pretty good at not exceeding my budget for stuff but it might be a rewarding dare to myself. Maybe for May? Reading what these ladies are saying about simplifying things and coming to terms with North American overspending on stuff that ultimately doesn't make us happy... its really thought-provoking.

I hope you're all doing well.

Moving forward with Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Link! Love your Blog too, so cute. The Buy Nothing Challenge is easy - the hard part is figuring out why you want to shop in the first place, especially if you know you don't need anything. It's been a struggle for me, and it's probably about time for a post so I can 'fess up to all my shopping slip ups. But it's really intriguing to challenge yourself this way, give it a try I say! I'm thinking about doing it again next month, and I'll even be your cheerleader, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I'd love to have a cheerleader!
    I'll read up on the buy nothing challenge and get myself in the right frame of mind. I don't buy a lot of 'extra' stuff as money is already quite tight but I have been known to splurge on things, especially at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete