Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hello folks.

This is my 100th post and its in memory of Joy.

Joy passed away this morning at the ripe ol' age of 91. We should all be so lucky to live as long and be in such good health. She died of a stroke, in her sleep. Sort of one of those "come home, good and faithful servant" moments, I think. She said she could never live in an old age care home and I'm so pleased to report that she never had to. She lived in assisted living for the last little bit but that was a blessing, I believe. She lived independantly but still could rely on them to cook her supper. She had one heck of a sweet tooth and I'm sure God had a stash of Mars Bars waiting for her when she showed up today!

I'm really feeling for her daughter right now. She has other family but her father, brother and now her mother are all gone. If anything, I know she could use our prayers right now. I know Joy was quite elderly but this was still unexpected. Now I know what people mean when they write in the obituaries "Died suddenly at 95 years old."

I've cried enough tears of loss today but I decided I needed to get out and get some fresh air so I marched off to Pricesmart and picked up some Twinnings Lady Grey tea... its what Joy drank and its what she served me out of her good china when I would visit. I'm pleased to drink a toast to her out of my great-grandma's good china.

Here's to you, Joy!

Joy was a sweet, strong, independant, loving woman and I can only hope that when I'm 91, I'm still all of those things.

God called her home, and home she went!

That's about it for now.
Talk to you soon!



Here are some pictures of the lace she helped me create


I tried to find this on youtube but there wasn't a good version of it. Here are the words instead. If anyone is itching to hear the actual song, message me and I'll send it to you.

Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.
The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.
No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.
We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.

If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.
If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.
If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.
If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.
You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place,
If you could only see me now.

My light and temporary trials have worked out for my good,
To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood.
Though we've had our sorrows, they can never compare.
What Jesus has in store for us, no language can share.
If you could see me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment