Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wow... its been a full couple of days.


Church on Sunday was good. I helped count the offering but my head was in another space and had the hardest time remembering all the different steps to making it all balance. Normally I'm totally on my game but not this time! We ended up balancing, no thanks to me! It all worked out - thank heavens for Marg.


My new bed arrived while I was counting the offering. Jill was waiting here for the delivery men. I love, love, love my new bed! I took a nap on it and then went over to mom and dad's to hang out and have one last supper with Jill. Jill's two best friends came over and hung out. They let me play Rock Band with them - that meant a lot to me even though I totally stink at the game! I'm no good at all... I lack the hand-eye coordination and I don't know any of the songs!


We all went to bed even though none of us could sleep. Jill was wired for sound - too excited/nervous about the upcoming trip to sleep. I took my medication on an empty stomach and was up feeling sick and mom had a post-night shift headache. Jill rested but mom and I sat up and chit-chatted til about 1:30am. I ended up eating something and went upstairs and slept fine after that. Jill woke me up at 4:30 and we were on the road to get fuel by 5 and we hit the highway at 5:30.


Jill and I drove together for the first four hours, grooving to one of her new CDs. Her good friend Cory made her a bizzillion CDs (at least 12 MP3 discs roughly 150 songs on each!).... including the complete works of the Dixie Chicks, Big & Rich, and Michael Jackson, as well as a million others! She even has the Jackson 5 Christmas Album, for pete's sake! I also made her a CD... one with all my music (so that if she ever gets to missing me, she can pop that in and be reminded of how much she doesn't like my music tastes!). As she said "wow, your music collect just kinda puked on this CD!" tee hee. After those four hours, dad and I switched spots. He drove for Jill til Salmon Arm so she could rest and mom and I drove dad's truck behind them. I dozed while mom and I listened to a CD I made her months ago but that she never got to listen to! It was a good drive.

We let her go at Salmon Arm. Dad was quite anxious about her but we got texts from her along the way and she arrived safely in Olds to stay the night at Uncle Tim and Aunt Sharron's. Taser didn't want to back out of the trailer last night so Jill ended up turning around inside and then walked him out. Her total drive to Olds yesterday was 15 hours! She was pretty tired and slept great! Taser didn't want to get back in the trailer this morning. Can't say that I blame him! Jill finally coaxed him in and off they went!

Jill left this morning from Olds and drove to Edmonton. Everyone tried to talk her out of going up there to visit Aunt Marny and Uncle Neil but she went anyway. She got there and had lunch with them in Boston Pizza and came out to a great big mess of coolant on the ground under her truck. She's thankful that she did go to see them because Aunt and Uncle were available to help her deal with the situation! Uncle Neil went and bought more coolant and put it in only to watch it drain out the bottom. Fortunately they got her in to their mechanic who fixed the problem (something about a radiator plug falling to pieces) but all this took her afternoon and by the time she was ready to get back on the road it was getting to be pretty late. Aunt Marny made her supper to go and a cuppa coffee and sent her to Uncle Neil's brother in Turtlehead who has a farm. Jill's going to go stay there the night with Taser and will head over to Prince Albert tomorrow morning (a 5 hour drive).

I slept like the dead last night on my new bed and then Michelle came over today and we went to the bead store to make bracelets. I found some random pretty beads and made myself a new medic alert bracelet (the other one I made was too big). We had a great time chatting and laughing! We have a really good time together and enjoyed a cuppa tea afterwards.

I'm missing my girls somethin' awful right now. Jill really was my saving grace after Jen and Jenny left so having her gone as well is just breakin' my heart. I know she'll have a good time and will adjust to being so far from home quickly. She's never been away from home for any length of time and I worry about her - my little sister. Ah well. She's a grown-up now and can take good care of herself plus she has Dave and Paula to look out for her. They really are an extra set of parents to her!

Tomorrow I might be hanging out with A. They're going to Dinotown in the morning so if she's not tired and over stimulated then I'll head over there in the afternoon.

Will keep you updated on Jill as I get news.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment