Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hello!

I have spent yesterday evening and the better part of today cutting and sewing squares. I'm in the process of making a rag quilt for Shea's birthday that I think she'll like. I went to the fabric store the day before yesterday with mom and asked the sales lady flat out if she had purple flying ponies flanelette. She looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head and it was then I realised I was on my own! Fortunately, I turned around and there it was, purple flying unicorns. Could it get any better?! I think not! We discovered that the sale on flanelette was set to start the next day so we went back yeseterday and bought all the flanelette that I needed (8 meters at 50% off) plus notions for 42 bucks! yay! I'm always so excited when I stick to my budget!

Last night I cut out the squares and sewed them together and today I sewed the squares into strips and then sewed the strips together to make a very nice twin-size blanket. The next step is to take a pair of scissors and snip along all the raw edges to make it fray... then I'll put it in the washer and dryer and it should fray and get all fuzzy!

I must say... I am getting tired of looking at purple unicorns but I'm positive Shea will like it!

I did go for a bike ride - loads of fun. I road around the backroads of downtown, through the 'burbs. Its a lovely day for riding... I wanted to get a ride in before the rain started to fall (looks like it'll start any minute now). Its so fresh out there I've opened my windows and doors to let the fall air in. Lovely! My favourite season! So now that I've expended some energy I'm going to go sit still for a few hours and snip at the raw edges of the quilt. Woot.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment