I thought I would post a few of my latest projects.
These towels were for my sister Jill. She was having a war with dad about whose towels were whose so I thought I would solve the problem by gifting her her own set for her birthday. I had a heck of a time with back stitching her name on them... the needle kept getting caught in the terry cloth. Very frustrating.
I don't think I've posted pictures of the blanket I made for Jill for Christmas. It was a lot of work but I'm generally pleased with how it turned out. The quilt is made of 200 patches, half of which are cut up denim jeans, all 9" squares. There was a colour pattern but it accidentally got reversed when I sewed the final two rows together. Ah well. The snipping took forever and would have taken longer had it not been for Melissa http://missy-memories.blogspot.com/ and her magical rag-quilt-spring-loaded snips!
I found a tutorial for these slippers online. They didn't quite turn out like the picture but I know where my mistakes are and I know how to correct them for the next pair I make. (The opening for the foot should be larger and should curve more around the toes.) They're really comfortable to wear!
I needed a new band for my medic alert bracelet and whipped this up the other day. Made from glass and shell beads. Love it!
That's all for now.
Talk to you soon!