Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hey there folks.

Its been a while since I wrote!!

I've been very busy - in a good way.

I'm currently housesitting for some friends... they were only supposed to be gone for a few days, just Friday til Tuesday but the transmission in their truck blew on their way to 100 Mile House. They should be home some time tomorrow (Friday) with a new transmission. Its been an extended holiday for them at the ranch they're visiting. Sounds like they're having a good time despite being stranded!

Me, I'm looking forward to going back to my little apartment. Big houses are lonely when I'm alone. Still, I'm glad I could help my friends out!

I've also had my first shift as a dispatcher last night and I have another shift tonight and tomorrow night. I managed pretty ok. Had to call my boss twice but she's super good about it and is really helpful and patient. I hope tonight goes well, too.

I've got supper in the oven, I'll wait to eat it til after the phones quiet down tonight but its good to have it cooked - broccoli, cauliflower and chicken drum sticks. Mmmm!

As far as crafts go, I'm in the process of making a blue and white baby blanket. Lots of friends are pregnant so I stock-pile blankets in all sorts of colours. Shhh, don't tell anyone that I make them ahead of time! I made a yellow and white one last week, too.

I also went to Fabricland and picked up some denium and sewed a really rad skirt. It was a bit too big when I made it so I made 'er a little smaller and it fits pretty darn good!

I'll take pics of all of this and post it early next week.

Moving Forward with Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment