Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello!

Well, my third night shift has just gotten under way. I'm waiting for one truck to 'clear' (take the vehicles off his truck) and gave another driver more work for the morning. Fortunately one of the office gals was able to help me with the logistics of the morning dispatch. Everyone has been super great about helping me out... I couldn't ask for better people to work with.

So, as promised, I took some pics of my latest creations.

First, a baby car seat blanket. It was a lot of fun to make... so much fun that I actually have another one half done. I have a pregnant friend coming over next week so I think I'll give it to her. She's actually the gal who taught me to crochet.
'
And here we have the first of two skirts that I put together. This blue jean one I made while housesitting for Missy and her family ( http://missy-memories.blogspot.com/ ). Its uber comfortable and one of the more flattering skirts I've made.

This second skirt is one I put together this afternoon while I couldn't sleep. One of mom's friends gave me the beige denim. It was already cut out into the worst/ugliest pair of plus-size pants... I took the pant pieces and cut out the skirt pieces. The two back skirt panels were a bit too short so I did some fancy sewing-work and made them a bit longer. I won't wear this skirt to church but it's good enough to do regular life-stuff in.


Well, that's all for now. Hope you're all well.

Moving Forward with Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment