Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hello!

Hope you're all doing well.

Church was this morning and afterwards I was supposed to get together with Claire for tea and a movie... but...

I went to worship practice this morning. That went fine. I chatted with a bunch of people and then went and sat down. Just before the service was about to start, a guy who I've never met sat down beside me and pulled out a camera (ah, yes, you can see where this is going, can't ya?). I put my hand over my eyes and called out "Excuse me! Excuse me!" He didn't say anything and finally I peeked and saw that he was looking at me strangely. I explained, quite clearly, that I have seizures from camera flashes so could he puulllleeeeeze not take pictures. He kind of scoffed and claimed that he had turned the camera flash off. I decided to go out on a limb and trust him, though a little voice inside said to cover my eyes just in case.

Sure wish I had listened to that little voice!

He took the picture and I woke up on the floor. Damn, eh?

I sincerely wish that it didn't actually take a seizure for people to realize that I'm not making this seizure stuff up! Why can't people just listen to me the first time?

Anywho. Ali (a lady from church) brought me home and gave me some ice for my goose-egg and then she left. I had a nice long nap and feel like its time for another. I'm doing just fine, though, so no worries.

Yesterday was a good day. I worked with A in the afternoon - we baked banana muffins that turned out really great. I always forget that muffins don't rise the same was as cupcakes! They're still nice but are kinda short. No one seemed to care. Jen said that they're probably all gone by now! Its nice to see A getting positive feedback for the work she does from everyone in the family. :) I just realized that we forgot to scrub the muffin tins. Whoops!

This summer I'll be working with her two days a week, instead of just once. I asked her if she thought that would be a good idea and she got a big goofy grin on her face which I took to mean 'yes'! I'm happy to do this kind of work - its a lot of fun and its uber rewarding!!

I think I'm going to go lay down again. All is well.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment