Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hey there folks!

As many of you know, I've been busy crocheting butterflies for my next yarn bombing expidition. Today I kidnapped dad and he and I went around town to put them up.

My 'basket of wonders'... everything I needed - camera, tacks and about 60 butteflies.


I popped over to Katie's and left her two butteflies.


We went to Edward's Park (corner of Edwards and Princess by the Armouries). Pinned up a lot of butteflies there, including on the play park.
Dad and I also went to Central Community Park and pinned up a bunch of butteflies there. Dad was surprised by a lady who shouted "Is that Yarn graffiti?!" ha ha! He said it was so she hopped over the fence and grabbed one of the butteflies. Apparently she heard about yarn bombing on the CBC and by the way she jumped and waved at me (Dad told her I was the one who crocheted them all), she was pretty darned excited about it!

Dad pinning up a buttefly in Edwards Park.

We also hit up five-corners here in Chilliwack and pinned up a dozen butteflies on the trees around there. One guy, clearly drunk, asked me what I was doing. When I told him it was yarn graffiti butteflies, he said "well... I'm a butterfly!" Uh... ooookaaaay. Bizzare.
It was a lot of fun. I plan on crocheting a few more and will be going yarnbombing with Jill's friends Sue and Jess. Woot!
Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE it when your dad joins in the fun, I think that is FABULOUS! Love the butterflies.

    hum, what was that fella wanting you to do, pin him up on the tree LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww fantastic Danielle you make me smile so much! Love Jess. Can't wait to do this again someday with you the first time was amazing.

    ReplyDelete