Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hello!


What a beautiful day, eh?! Gorgeous!


Yesterday I hoofed it to Pricesmart for a few groceries after I spent a while in the bookman. I'm addicted to Beverly Lewis... wanted to see if they had any of her newer stuff. No such luck but I bought one of her older books that I read a really long time ago... will be good to re-read it. Pricesmart was good. The thrill of grocery shopping on my own hasn't dwindled at all. I love it! So I bought a few things I was desperate for (pickles) and then went home. I also wanted to go to the Library... if I'd been thinking, I would have gone to there first... by the time my backpack was full I decided to head home. That's ok.


Today I went to the Video Station and picked up the new Chronicles of Narnia movie. Very excited about that. Then I crossed the street to the Library where I picked up an audio book. I want to try putting it on my MP3 player... see if I like listening to it while I bomb around town. I picked "Divine" by Karen Kingsbury. Haven't read anything by her but I thought I would give it a go. Afterwards I went to Salish Park and found a bench away from the pot-smokers and read my book (I'm working on the last Harry Potter book... I know, I know, I'm a little bit behind the times... better late then never, I say). After a while I got up and moved on to Pricesmart. I forgot to pick up cheese and salad dressing yesterday so I grabbed those and came home. Sure didn't want to go inside. It felt like spring out there!

Made supper "a la crockpot" - so good. The meat was a mite overcooked because I forgot to turn the heat setting down when Adam got here so it cooked on high for too long. Oh well, ya live and ya learn. It still tasted great! Had a good cuppa tea with Adam. Its always good to chat with him!

Tomorrow I'm off to Parkholm in the morning. Will see what kinds of exploring I get done afterwards.

And yay! My GST cheque came today to mom and dad's! woohoo! The government is pretty good to me - no complaints. Well... I'm sure I could complain but I choose not to.

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I just love opening the mail box, and seeing my GST cheque staring back at me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete