Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yo-Yo-Yiggidy-Yo!

So yesterday's news that I can cut back on some of my medication was pretty exciting. Truth be known, I haven't been taking that afternoon dose for about a month. Its just nice that the doctor agreed with me. :)

I made Beef and Broccoli for supper last night... when I got home from my appointment, I came in through the main doors of my building and I could smell it a-cookin' from the other side of my building through closed doors! It was delicious and I'll post the recipe at the end of this post.

Went to mom and dad's for supper today then Jill whipped up a batch of sugar cookies and we took them to where she's house sitting to bake and ice them. She was horrified to find that I don't like mint icing so she force-fed me a cookie with mint icing (out of love, I'm sure). ha ha. Unfortunately the people she's house sitting for have three cats... I itch like crazy (allergy). Am going to have a shower, that's for sure!

Jill passed the first two parts of her Certification. She got 81.6% on the written part and she passed her shoe board. Tomorrow is her practical where she needs to do a good job trimming and doing front shoes on a horse within an hour. She's pretty tired out so all the good thoughts and prayers you can give her/say for her would be appreciated!

I'm off to Parkholm tomorrow if the pool is up and running. I anticipate that it will be.

Shower and bed!

Talk to you soon.


---------------------------------

Beef and Broccoli
From the Vancouver Sun

1 1/2 lb boneless chunk steak, sliced about 1/2 inch thin
1 10oz can beef condenced beef broth
1/2 cup Oyster sauce
2 tbsp corn starch
1 bag broccoli florets (2 cups/16 oz)
Hot rice

Place steak in bottom of slow cooker
Cover with broth and oyster sauce
Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours

Conbine cornstarch with 2tbsp cooking liquid in a cup
Add slowly to slow cooker
Stir well to combine
cover, cook 15-20 minutes longer or until thick (took closer to 30 minutes for me)
Poke holes in broccoli with fork
Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Empty bag into slow cooker
Gently toss beef and broccoli together
Serve over cooked hot rice

I used 2-3 bunches of fresh broccoli and microwaved them for 8-10 minutes.

You can also add carrots, baby corn and water chesnuts. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment