Friday, March 27, 2009

Good Evening!

Am being a bit of an insomniac tonight. Not sure why... just can't sleep.

Had a busy day. Popped over to the church to pick up the last of the craft supplies (small pictures to colour and construction paper). Claire picked me up after lunch and we hung out. She made chicken stew while I watched (and worked on her isane jigsaw puzzle) and then I quasi-helped her make four cakes for her 7-year-old niece's party (three round and one square which will be cut out into the shape of "C-O-O-L-!" And don't you dare forget the exclaimation point! ha ha). We took supper over to her sister's and we ate supper with her and her family. Lots of fun - got to see their little farm and meet their lovely animals! I was bushed so Claire dropped me off at about 7:30 or so. I finished up the craft for Sunday school (colouring the little pictures, then glueing them to construction paper, then cutting out the picture so that it has a coloured construction paper boarder.) I'll drop them off at the church tomorrow morning.

Jenny is coming over in the morning for tea and then I'm going over to mom and dad's to do some wood working with dad. We're going to build a sewing bench for me! I'm really jazzed about it.

On an entirely different note...

I sang this worship song an eon ago but found this youtube version of it on another blog that I visit. Here it is (you'll have to turn off my groovin' music on the sidebar):

Makes me very aware of our mission in life... in the words of the Westminster Shorter Catechism:
Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.
And who on earth ever thought I would quote that?! Not me! But there it is!
The song just made me think of that. I think we forget our purpose... I know I get caught up in the day-to-day stuff and often forget to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever". The song is a bit of a wake up call to me anyway.
Bed is calling me once again.
Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment