Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hey there folks.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and notes of encouragement since my last post. Its been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. The shock is starting to wear away and I'm pretty devastated for my church. My aunt in Alberta shared a tidbit of wisdom that was passed on to her during a similar situation... she told me that every time a group of people leave the church, God brings in a new bunch. I hope and pray that this will be true for my church, though I still think its silly and sad that we've lost people at all.

I'm really looking forward to getting away for two weeks. I know that nothing will really change at church while I'm gone but, as my Auntie Gloria here mentioned, I need a break to look at this with fresh eyes. And who knows, maybe the people who are leaving in a huff will take a break and realize how much grace God really gives us to forgive who ever slighted us.

And reliable to a fault, whenever I'm uber stressed-out I loose my voice. I do believe I'm on my way there! Its kinda raspy today... I hope it lasts at least for tomorrow so that I can still answer phones. It might be asking too much to hope for my voice to last until next Tuesday for singing on Sunday and for my last shift at church before I head out to Halifax.

We're all getting so excited for our trip. Jenny's busy making up a room for us and for she mentioned doing some baking, too. I want to make some oatmeal molasses cookies to take with me to share - they're Jenny's favourite. I've got my packing list here and bought the last of the gifts for them today - just little things.

I'll do my best to blog and post pictures while I'm gone... that way you will all have a glimpse into my trip!

Moving Forward with Joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment